Sea of Crystal, Sea of Glass by Benita J. Prins

Sea of Crystal, Sea of Glass - Benita J. Prins

This book starts with a bang with sixteen year old Einur first escaping a sudden storm and then fleeing for his life from those who come to claim him for sacrifice to the Great Achiel  All his sister's young life, he feared she would be the one chosen, but rather his name is drawn. His beloved dragon, Efrix, refuses to help him escape, so he runs. Efrix returns to his side later but goes off again.

The next day, a man approaches Einur as he wakes from a nap. He introduces himself as Eigion and asks Einur if he follows the cult of the Great Achiel. Einur responds he does, but the man notices the young man hates what it stands for and asks Einur to confirm his suspicions. He then bluntly tells Einur to give up all belief in the cult. He then presents to him the great task before him: to find the ancient Third Tribe of the Kelyanic Harmony, who millennia ago refused to worship the Great Achiel and disappeared after many were killed in battle. Eigion says if Einur finds the Tribe's king, this will help defeat the evil cult.

Einur finds it hard to believe Eigion's words that finding a king who was lost 5000 years before is the easy part of his quest. The second part will be much harder and involve great sacrifice. Already Eigion calls on Einur to make his first one. Stranger though the man is, Einur trusts him, for he senses the great worth and good of the man and the Power he serves. A much greater sacrifice is still to come. Will Einur have the courage to make it?

I really liked this book. I recommend it to anyone who likes an adventurous fantasy with heart. The teen hero is quite likeable from the start. I enjoyed my journey beside him as he grows into his destiny and walks a difficult path with the strength that comes from love, faith, trust, and valor.

This author is going places! I look forward to walking further down the Road with her.